Friday, May 4, 2012

Moulay Yacoub in Pictures


A view of Moulay Yacoub from halfway up Lalla Chafia, the mountain opposite.

From the top of Lalla Chafia. This is the entire town, minus a few buildings on stage right.








The surrounding countryside.
The stairwell directly outside the apartment where I learn Darija everyday. Donkeys carry supplies to a lower level, and a woman buys goods from a hanut. Hanuts are often tucked between apartments. There's one I frequent on a regular basis--the husband and wife know my name and my love for chocolate.
Apartments border the stairways, top to bottom. Most windows I see in Morocco have bars, and many even add an aesthetic touch.

My CBT group, dressed for a Moroccan wedding we attended. Left to right: Anna, Megan, Ikram, Jon, Sasa, Yours Truly, and Jared. 





1 comment:

  1. These photographs are beautiful, especially the countryside. What do they grow in Morocco?

    ReplyDelete